2:46. Accepting “Barefoot Ted”
5:11. The epic Born to Run
9:06. Becoming a self-experimenter.
- Solving the equation of Barefoot Ted
11:03. Aging – BFT at 55 years old.
12:54. Journey to the Copper Canyons.
14:28. The need for shoes.
15:53. The natural selection of footwear.
17:25. The Persistence Hunt.
18:25. Adding sandals to the equation.
20:39. Out of Africa.
21:11. (CORRECTION: 65K years – not 65M years!)
22:34. Feet as food ticket…
23:55. The Rarumari / Tarahumara.
- Coming out of the canyons.
28:26. Old-Skool footwear.
29:56. Renegades in the Canyons.
31:00. Barefoot Ted’s Adventures.
- Lieberman’s “Born to Run” paper 2004.
- Persistence Hunt.
- Investigation to advocation to vocation.
33:26. Sandal making.
- A little piece of portable ground.
- Your footwear quiver.
37:06. Fivefingers Paradigm Shifting Trojan Horse…
40:07. Christopher McDougall’s Running with Sherman – a sneak preview.
- Back to basics.
43:23 An ultra-runner’s prescription for less…
- Minimal effective dose.
48:08 Benefits of ultrarunning.
55:49 Running for health & happiness rather than performance.
56:47 Training & Play.
1:00:15 Training for Leadville.
1:02:08 Laird Hamilton connecting with the dots.
103:54 Kangoo Jumps.
106:44 Minimal effective dose & self-experimentation.
108:48 “the journey”…
109:41 Maximalism .
- Mono Gordo Sandals & Portable ground.
1:13:50. The rift between foot and shoe.
1:16:32. Inverting the orthotics model.
1:19:32. You ARE a spring!
1:21:03. Running with feeling.
- Lieberman & Endocannabinoid.
1:23:26. Going with the Flow.
- Rhythm, breath, focus.
1:26:14. Applying the learning.
1:29:38. Special Sensory Awareness of the Sole.
1:31:15. Feet as roots.
- Foundational special sensory organs.
1:34:03. Manuel Luna.
- Turning water and sunlight into food and children.
- Who’s helping who?
1:39:37. Visit the Canyons!
- Caballo Blanco race.
1:43:08. Luna Sandals – a minimalist philosophy and design.
1:45:45. el Mono…
- The speaking monkey.
1:47:07. Broken by default?
- Ghosts of a deeper cultural belief system.
1:50:53. Indigenous groups start with a different premise.
- More supernatural than supernatural.
1:53:13. Facilitating more time in the now.
1:54:15. Turning a run into a sport.
- Every footfall is a chess move.
1:55:56. The gift of presence.
1:56:36. Closing remarks.
- How to find Ted:
- Improvisational Jazz Musician (over classicist).
- See Ted’s improvised speech after our Barefoot Connections Conference in 2013:
2:00:00. Closing offer:
To get hold of your very own pieces of portable ground, head over to Luna Sandals and use the special codes below to get your special deal!