“We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.”
Luciano De Crescenzo
Mentorship is available in a regular (weekly / monthly) structured form, or in an ad hoc, as-and-when form. Mentoring may also be taken as one-to-one or group sessions*. And, of course, this can be done face-to-face or remotely.
Examples of topics Matt has mentored colleagues on include:
- Program Design Principles
- Acute exercise variables (learning more about reps, sets, loads, tempo & rest periods).
- The importance of micro- through to mega- periodisation cycles.
- Balancing anabolic and catabolic stresses, and application of attractor states in training.
- Client / Patient Guidance:
- Some patient cases can be so complex it seems impossible to know where to start… this is where Matt has the systems, know-how & experience to help you
- Often challenging cases may benefit from a second set of eyes to ensure nothing is being missed and the top priorities are addressed first; this can be difficult if the conditions are unfamiliar or complex.
- Business Challenges
- With 20+ years of experience in running various businesses, Matt has a broad range of resources to draw upon.
- Managing people, projects or finances are all topics Matt has mentored clients on for many years.
- Establishing legacy, purpose and other motivating forces in the workplace.
See further examples at base*
Matt charges his clinical hourly rate for mentorship (£225/hour), though packages are also offered to provide options for every budget; with optimized rates for greater commitment and fee-sharing between groups of up to 5 people.
The table here shows how you can get direct mentorship with matt for as little as £32 per hour in a group setting.
*Note, if you’d like to split the costs with another student, but can’t find one, please apply and we may be able to match you up from other enquiries.
To commit to a package, create a bespoke mentorship package, or make further enquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get straight back to you.
“Mentorship with Matt Wallden is the best decision and most economical support i have done for my business. Matt provides a honest opinion whilst guiding me through new information and research that i can then internally apply. As a small business owner it can be very isolating and it’s important to get feedback and support with challenging complicated client cases. It’s incredible value for money and i have the confidence to push myself more and reach higher towards my goals, legacy and through the CHEK system itself. I am really happy with his down to earth approach and ability to deal with average Joe. He keeps everything simple for me to understand and his language is not too complicated. I love it as we go at my pace. He is very patient with me, non judgemental and has a very professional approach”.
Nisha Srivastava, www.pilates4sport.com.
Just wanted to write you and thank you for your help and guidance you have given me with my clients. It has been so good to have someone I can contact for guidance with complex cases and your knowledge and expertise has been greatly appreciated and invaluable, especially the speedy responses to my questions. It’s always well worth the financial investment for your consultation. You truly are Professor Wallden.
Pete Milner, Golf Pro, Health & Fitness Professional
Video Testimonial from Physiotherapist, CHEK Level IV and Shaman, Michael Jocson:
Full link: https://www.facebook.com/michael.jocson.92/videos/10155791532566907/
Other examples of topics that could be covered in a mentoring session include:
- Sports Injury Management:
- General injury management principles, or
- Specific injury management eg ACL rehabilitation, disc bulge, SLAP lesion, or
- Rehabilitation considerations for a region eg spinal injury, or
- Tips for working with postural patterns, e.g. over-pronation, hyperlordosis, upper-crossed syndrome, laterality (handedness) patterns.
- Working with Digestive Challenges
- Principles of working with patients who have digestive and other health challenges.
- Learn how & why gut issues are often the precursor to most other health issues, and what to do about it.
- Applied & Clinical Anatomy
- Focus may be on
- …clinical applications of the local anatomy in specific regions (eg the TMJ, the shoulder joint, the foot), or
- …more general regions (eg the lower limb, the upper quarter), or
- …integration and anatomical interactions in performance.
- Focus may be on