5:18. Phill’s globe-trekking childhood & professional training
7:21. Acupuncture – a different cultural perspective
8:43 Trusting that the Chinese were mapping “something”
9:24. Fields versus lines / chains / trains etc…
11:17. Embryology, axes, meridians & border control
13:39. Translatory models
16:15. Archetypal Rest Postures, The Erectorcises, and standing upright
21:27. Tuning the body with Rest Postures
22:45. Longevity recipe: Get rid of your furniture & return to the floor
European journal of preventive cardiology
26:01. Clinical application of Archetypal Rest Postures & Erectorcises
27:30. Deep squatting… with a weight…. Lowly Origin (Kingdon)
28:55. Tuning – homeostatic postures
32:08. The importance of Brachiation
36:20. Embryology and “getting it”.
39:31. Linking the Sensory Platform & Contractile Fields
- Your feet aren’t the bottom of you…
- Limbs as appendages & amplifiers
43:49. Information Superhighway – the Wolffian or Apical Ectodermal Ridge
- the Reptilian Reflexes
- the fin line
47:59. The Wolffian Ridge, Feet & Low Back Function
- Models as theory-driven treasure maps
- Using your plantar fascia in the way it was supposed to be used
- L4-5 & S1 real-time data stream
- In praise of dorsiflexion
53:54. Sensory Organs embedded in Contractile Fields
57:07. To understand the tissues, we have to break down tissue fascism.
- “Fields” versus specific tissues
- Whole organism perspective
1:00:47. Analogy & Metaphor in teaching technique
- The kebab technique
- Putting people “in the round”
- TCM elements
1:06:47. Redirecting the world of MSK medicine
- Prevention versus treatment
- Barefoot living
- Placing a value on floor life
- Ropes & Recovery
- Limber tables
1:10:40. The Primal Blueprint: stretching & blood sugar regulation
- the nervous system, creep & ergonomics
- Mark Sisson podcast with Matt
1:13:38. Hell’s kitchen?! Or the great outdoors?
1:15:07. Muscles & Meridians – the manipulation of shape.
- Papers by Phill “The Contractile Field – A new model of movement” (available for immediate download to delegates of our workshop)
To learn more about Phill’s work you can explore his site here: www.phillipbeach.com
1:16:31. Wellington Workshop… if you’re keen to join us for this exciting and insightful 2-day practical workshop, or would like more details, you can book your place here.
Immediately following the workshop with Phill, I will be headed up to Auckland to deliver a 2-day Seminar called 2020 Vision – Putting Persistent Pain Behind Us in the Next Decade, at UNITEC. If you’d like to find out more, or to book your place, please click here.