Time To Really Get Hip – 1-Day Workshop, 26th Feb 2017
The “Time to Really Get Hip” workshop is designed to allow you to explore deeper into the background of whole-body hip function, and to get hands-on practical experience of how to assess and how to rehabilitate hips back toward optimal function.
Have you ever wondered why some people’s hips last an entire lifetime, while others need surgical replacement? Did you know that in some sports, such as soccer, groin injury accounts for as much as 10% of all injuries… but that they’re often a symptom of a different issue?
This workshop will investigate the neurodevelopmental factors of the human hip, reviewing some of the most common injuries (such as groin strain, impingement syndromes, osteoarthritis) how to assess for them, treatment approaches and rehabilitation techniques. In addition, we will be providing deeper insights into how the hip fits into the overall function of the kinetic chain. It’s time to get hip to whole-body hip function!
In this workshop you will learn:
- how the hip is both a “slave” and a “master” joint
- what you can do to minimize your personal risk of hip degeneration
- how hip function integrates with SIJ function and its pivotal role in lower limb injury
- how to manage or even facilitate rehabilitation of those with OA of the hip
- why shoulder injury may be the cause or effect of a hip problem
- emotional correlates of hip injury
- differential diagnosis of hip pain
- visceral factors you may be overlooking when assessing hip joint function
This webinar is an introduction to understanding the hip; its importance in and integration with whole-body function.
We look forward to you joining us at Pure Body Balance, Gloucestershire (for full address see below) on Sunday 26th February!
Pure Body Balance, Marsden Country Estate, Nr Rendcomb, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 7EX