FC2O Episode 1 – Mark Sisson Show Notes
2:46. Mark’s journey into Paleo
8:33. Mark’s athletic training goals
10:45. The body’s innate overtraining protection
11:50. Paleo providing order from chaos
18.29. Simple solutions to health challenges
20:20. When in doubt, go back to the genes
21:30. Who were Mark’s key influences in the Paleo field?
23:55. Which current Paleo authorities does Mark resonate with?
26:10. The Carnivore Diet
27:06. What mistakes has Mark seen in the Paleo world?
- Saturated fats
29:16. Barefoot running
- NOTE: For anyone wanting to safely transition to barefoot running, you can use our transition calculator – formulated during 10 years of working with Vibram Fivefingers as their UK Distributor (use password client-resource-page to access).
- Phylogeny v.s Ontogeny
34:13. The Business side of Paleo
37: Primal Kitchen
35:55. The Primal Health Coach training
37:21. Mark’s goals from day 1
41:00. The importance of having a life purpose
42:42. Who wants to live forever?
43:53. How Mark rehab’ed his Achille’s injury
- The importance of connective tissue in the diet
51:33. Who’s embraced the Paleo approach?
55:00. You’re infinitely more complex than a car…
- The importance of coaching
- NOTE: the webinar “But we’re infinitely more complex than a car” is available from MattWallden.com here.
57:19. The future of Paleo
59:20. Where to learn more about Mark’s work.
1:01:50. Mark’s special gift to FC2O listeners, upcoming free webinar.
- Offer code: MATT500 (expires July 6th 2019).
- The free webinar “Modern Disintegration – Primal Connectivity” is available to you here – at 8pm BST (3pm Eastern / 12pm Pacific), Weds 10th July 2019.
- The papers written by Mark and Matt are published in the Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies and cost $31.50 each to download. However, they’re available for free on the following share-links until July 4th 2019:
• Modern Disintegration – Primal Connectivity, Editorial Paper: https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1Z3KO4rR6wMn9r
• Biomechanical Attractors A Paleolithic Prescription for Tendinopathy & Glycemic Control, Practical Paper: https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1Z3KO4rR6wMnA1