For each episode, we endeavour to put out show notes where you can get a quick view of the key topics discussed and their time-stamp; as well as to offer one or two links here and there, promo codes and imagery to help illustrated key points.
Each #FC2O episode has it’s own tab for ease of navigation; and each episode can be played from its show notes page, or through Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or Spotify. Enjoy the show! Here we go…
FC2O Episode 2 – Bill Wolcott Show Notes
3:04. “The most naturopathic book I’ve ever read”
5:19. How Bill discovered Metabolic Typing
8:20. “The Cancer Doctor”… Kelley
9:30. Before Metabolic Typing
9:50. The trials of trouble-shooting
12:23. Nutrition & Your Mind… Everything you know is wrong!!
13:34. Kelley & the Autonomic Nervous System
15:25. The wrong question?
16:38. The Dominance Factor…
19:40. The effect of food or nutrients is not what you think
20:20. Fundamental Homeostatic Control Systems
- Autonomic balance (and flux)
- Carbo-oxidative balance
- Lipo-oxidative balance-
- Electrolyte balance
- Acid-Alkaline balance
- Prostaglandin balance
- Blood Type
- Constitutional Type
- Endocrine type
- Neurotransmitter balance
22:13. Specific stimulatory or inhibitory effects of nutrients
25:21. Grab-bag protocols
26:10. Diseases are not the problem
- You cannot treat arthritis by treating arthritis…
- Local cellular function
- Defence or Failed Defence?
- When defence fails, adaptation fails
- When adaptation fails, function fails
- Disease as a symptom of deeper underlying dysfunction
30:50. Why Scientific research is so confusing
33:00. The importance of whole-system thinking
33:59. Diet books
36:10. Making sense of metabolic typing
39:21. Nutritional genetic requirements
41:18. Exceptions to rules – and avoiding the absolutes
42:17. Blood Typing & Lectins as a passive influence
46:38. Food is more potent than medicine
- Are green drinks healthy?
48:43. Harmonic effect of food
51:58. It’s all about balancing fundamental homeostatic control systems
54:22. Synthesizing & integrating information
- issues with linear thinking and linear protocols
57:29. Weight optimisation with Metabolic Typing
103:21. Blocking factors & allostatic load
106:15. Metabolic Typing, sports performance & work capacity
1:10:34. Paleo pro’s & con’s
- Paleo diets for different metabolic types
- Evolution doesn’t just stop
1:17:55. Genetic Nutritional Testing
- Genotype vs phenotype
- Epigenetic expression & the environment
- Genes & protein manufacture
- Human genome project
- Tumours, pH and epigenetic adaptability
- The fallacy of treating based on genotype
1:26:00. The Microbiome & MT
- Cascades of adverse reactions
1:30:56. Metabolic Typing – too simple to be true?
1:33:21. Nature is infinitely complex, but there’s simplicity at every level
- Principle of least action
- Metabolic individuality is real
- 2 Principles of Metabolic Typing
1:36:15. Simplicity in the complexity
- Organic foods
- Learning to listen to your body
1:39:29. Beyond Macro’s
1:42:00. Micronutrients & supplementation
- Is food alone enough?
1:43:58. Foods as “attractors”
1:44:57. Foundational metabolic processes
1:46:36. The future of nutrition & holistic health
1:48:18. Closing words
FC2O Episode 1 – Mark Sisson Show Notes
2:46. Mark’s journey into Paleo
8:33. Mark’s athletic training goals
10:45. The body’s innate overtraining protection
11:50. Paleo providing order from chaos
18.29. Simple solutions to health challenges
20:20. When in doubt, go back to the genes
21:30. Who were Mark’s key influences in the Paleo field?
23:55. Which current Paleo authorities does Mark resonate with?
26:10. The Carnivore Diet
27:06. What mistakes has Mark seen in the Paleo world?
- Saturated fats
29:16. Barefoot running
- NOTE: For anyone wanting to safely transition to barefoot running, you can use our transition calculator – formulated during 10 years of working with Vibram Fivefingers as their UK Distributor (use password client-resource-page to access).
- Phylogeny v.s Ontogeny
34:13. The Business side of Paleo
37: Primal Kitchen
35:55. The Primal Health Coach training
37:21. Mark’s goals from day 1
41:00. The importance of having a life purpose
42:42. Who wants to live forever?
43:53. How Mark rehab’ed his Achille’s injury
- The importance of connective tissue in the diet
51:33. Who’s embraced the Paleo approach?
55:00. You’re infinitely more complex than a car…
- The importance of coaching
- NOTE: the webinar “But we’re infinitely more complex than a car” is available from MattWallden.com here.
57:19. The future of Paleo
59:20. Where to learn more about Mark’s work.
1:01:50. Mark’s special gift to FC2O listeners, upcoming free webinar.
- Offer code: MATT500 (expires July 6th 2019).
- The free webinar “Modern Disintegration – Primal Connectivity” is available to you here – at 8pm BST (3pm Eastern / 12pm Pacific), Weds 10th July 2019.
- The papers written by Mark and Matt are published in the Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies and cost $31.50 each to download. However, they’re available for free on the following share-links until July 4th 2019:
• Modern Disintegration – Primal Connectivity, Editorial Paper: https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1Z3KO4rR6wMn9r
• Biomechanical Attractors A Paleolithic Prescription for Tendinopathy & Glycemic Control, Practical Paper: https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1Z3KO4rR6wMnA1
FC2O Preview Show Notes
0:00 Introduction: Aims of the podcast – challenges of living in the information age
1:50. Evidence-Based Medicine and its challenges
4:20. Possible solutions to information overload: Meta-analysis & Systematic Review
6:10. Flaws with the current paradigm
8:10. Researching research! … Uh-oh!
11:24. Key Principle & Core Models
12:00. Phill Beach and Attractor States
16:43. Order emerging from chaos
17:25. Modelling: maps for understanding
18:42. Simplicity in the complexity
20:50. Experts getting “stuck”
21:18. Mastery, analogy & metaphor
23:17. Paul Chek: Health is simple – it’s disease which is complex
25:55. Jordan Peterson: the brain and how it reflects reality
28:25. Evolution & Mark Sisson
29:53. Barefoot Ted, Minimalism and how we were born to run…
32:23. Finding a path through contradictory research & evidence
33:17. The Star Wars Analogy
35:30. Who’s the podcast for?